Positive Handling in Schools
Our 1-day certified Positive Handling training course is designed for any educational staff who work with children and young people. The course was developed specifically for the physical intervention and de-escalation needs in schools and is delivered nationally in both primary and secondary schools settings.
Your staff will learn:
- Diffusion and De-Escalation strategies for disruptive pupils.
- DfE Guidance on “The Use of Reasonable Force with Pupils”.
- Integrated non-contact and contact graduated incident flow.
- Inherent risks of a restrictive intervention and how to reduce them.
- Health & Safety considerations “Duty of Care”.
- Non harmful and least intrusive approaches to control a child at risk to themselves or others.
- Positive Handling Holds and Restraint Techniques for Non-Harmful Control of Children and Young People.
We specialise in the education sector and can modify elements of our delivery to ensure your staff receive relevant guidance, specific to their setting, e.g. primary, secondary or early years settings.
Uniquely, we blind test the feedback we receive electronically after every event. So individual delegates and clients have the opportunity to communicate freely with us on how we can improve. We receive very favourable feedback consistently.
Who should attend?
• Deputy Heads
• Teaching Staff
• Support Staff
• School Site Staff
“I was very impressed with the organisation and professionalism of this company. The trainer was very thorough and met the objectives of the course well for our staff”.
Karen Edmenson, Headteacher at the Hemlington Hall Academy School
Your Trainers for the Day
All of our trainers hold formal qualifications in the care and control of children and vulnerable adults. They are experienced within the education sector and we hold specialist insurance to carry out this type of training.
The type of qualifications our training team hold include but are not limited to:
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Physical Restraint Practice of children and vulnerable adults
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Delivery of Conflict Management Training
- BTEC Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
- National Federation for Personal Safety (NFPS) Accredited Instructor
- National Federation for Personal Safety (NFPS) Certified Violence at Work Risk Assessor
We are also an accredited training centre with Qualifications Network and OFQUAL regulated at national awarding body.
Prices start from £825 for our blended course for up to 12 delegates
We can provide any size groups up to whole school training, please contact us for a quote.
If you require other types of training for your school, such as First Aid or Epi-Pen training, please visit www.schoolstafftraining.co.uk